Thursday, June 26, 2008

She's Here!

Wow! We have had an exciting month. On May 27th, 2008 at 12:31 pm, our beautiful little daughter joined our family here on earth! Everything went really well. I was scheduled to be induced- so we dropped M & S off at different friends' houses (thank you Nays and Tobiassons!) and J and I headed off to the hospital. I thought we were in for a long day, but things progressed quickly, and the delivery went very well!

I am overwhelmed at the love that I felt during this sacred experience. J is an absolutely wonderful husband, as he gently encouraged and coached me through labor. The love in his voice was such that I'm sure I've never felt anything like it except in heaven. When the doctor placed our new little daughter on my tummy, I was speechless at the tremendous joy I felt. This day was long waited for- as J and I had tried for 7 years to conceive. I am so grateful to HF for giving us such a beautiful gift!

E is a sweet little girl- she weighed in at 8 lbs 6 oz, and 20 1/2 inches! She has a very gentle spirit, and has brought a wonderful feeling into our home. We feel sorry that she is struggling with reflux- really badly. She doesn't just spit up- she throws up. Not too often, but when she does, it soaks us both and the blanket. I think I'll have to take a change of clothes for us both when we go out! We've got a great doctor, and she's on some medicine that helps her with the burning.

M & S have been amazing as we go through this transition. S wants to hold E all the time, and is very generous with the kisses. M has stepped up and become my right arm. He helps me with anything and everything- from making lunch for him and his brother when I can't, to little jobs throughout the day. I don't know what I'd do without them. They both love to comfort E when she cries, and she loves her brothers!

J has also been wonderful. Last night I was up most of the night with E, and he was right there checking on me all the time- asking if he could help. Finally, at 5 am I handed her off to him and he skipped his basketball workout to keep her so I could have a couple hours of sleep. He also makes sure I get out of the house everyday for a little bit- as we have been keeping her in until she's 1 month (tomorrow) AND it's been too hot to take her anywhere, anyway! (It's been 105 + for the last 3 weeks)

I'll try to keep the blog updated better- it has been so busy this last month!

4 comments:

Becky said...

I've been checking and checking hoping to see more about her. She's beautiful and I'm so happy for you guys. Glad to hear everyone is doing well...hope you're getting some sleep.

Alisa said...

She is so beautiful and so are you! What a great family.

Valori Layton said...

Congratulations Christy! We're so thrilled for you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your beautiful baby daughter. What a joy! We are so very happy for you and your sweet family. Enjoy these precious moments. Our love to you all.

Carlsbad, CA

She's here!